FIREFIGHTERS ACCESSING CARE FOR TRAUMA: 1-ON-1 E-HEALTH PROGRAM FOR FIREFIGHTERS WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED TRAUMA
Have you experienced traumatic situations while on the job as a firefighter?
Have you experienced posttraumatic stress symptoms, such as distressing memories of the traumatic events?
Such traumatic experiences can have a significant impact on you, your job, your mood, and your relationships. To better support Canadian professional and volunteer firefighters who are living with posttraumatic stress, we designed this research project and intervention program.
- Includes 12 confidential one-on-one sessions with a trained trauma coach
- Is free of cost
- Is conducted via video chat – no need to leave your home
- Includes discussions of joyful and challenging experiences throughout your life
- Is based on Narrative Exposure Therapy (NET), known to help people who have experienced multiple traumas
- Improve the wellbeing of Canadian firefighters
- Raise awareness of the consequences of posttraumatic stress in firefighters
- Make mental health care more accessible for firefighters
- Examine the satisfaction and effectiveness of the program for firefighters